Sunday, January 30, 2011

Changing the world

The great thing about having a 30 minute drive home after church every Sunday, is that I can use it as a reflection time.  Sarah usually falls asleep, which leaves me and my thoughts.  Today, I spent the drive home really thinking about Ryan's sermon.

Matthew 5:1-12  

Our thought for the day was focused around how we can be peacemakers.  I really thought about that on my way home today.  In my life, I can be a peacemaker and make a difference in the world by not only teaching, but showing my children acceptance and love for those who are different from us.  I have always tried to live this, but I know that I could do a better job.  It is my responsibility as a parent and an educator to teach my children to see that just because someone else looks or lives in a way that is different from us does not mean that there is something wrong with them and that we should shun them.  Instead, we should reach out to them and realize that the differences in each of us are what make us all unique.

Can you imagine what the world would be like if we all could accept differences rather than fill ourselves with hate toward those differences? 

No comments:

Post a Comment